We want to help fight hunger in the United States and around the world. For every box we sell, we donate one meal in the US and one meal worldwide.
Why do we want to help fight hunger in addition to providing amazing chocolates for you to enjoy?
- We are based in the United States, so we want to help fight hunger in our own country — this is why we donate one meal per box sold to the U.S.
- We recognize that we are global citizens as well, so we want to help end hunger everywhere. More so, the chocolate that we sell comes from cacao beans that were grown in other countries, almost all of which has even higher rates of malnutrition than we face domestically. This is why we donate one meal per box sold to a non-U.S. country.
We donate on a yearly basis and recap each year in a blog post. See our donation summaries below:
- 2014 – 1,250 meals donated
- 2015 – 3,200 meals donated (plus extra small donation to Peace Geeks)
- 2016 – 5,000 meals donated
- 2017 – 5,400 meals donated
Who do we donate to?
How do these foundations help fight hunger?
Society of St. Andrew rescues food that would otherwise go to waste after harvests (called gleaning) and delivers it to people in need. Learn more.
Action Against Hunger helps save the lives of malnourished children by providing their communities with access to fresh water and and sustainable solutions to hunger. Learn more.